What is dental disease?
Dental disease is a common problem in dogs, affecting up to 90% of dogs by the age of 3. It is caused by a buildup of plaque and tartar on the teeth. Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that forms on the teeth after eating. If plaque is not removed, it can harden into tartar. Tartar can irritate the gums, causing inflammation and bleeding. This can lead to gum disease, which can eventually cause tooth loss.
Why is it important to prevent dental disease?
Dental disease can be painful for your dog and can lead to a number of other health problems, such as heart disease, liver disease, and kidney disease. It is also a major cause of bad breath in dogs.
How can you prevent dental disease?
The best way to prevent dental disease is to brush your dog's teeth regularly with a tasty, effective, dog specific toothpaste. This can be difficult at first, but with patience and practice, most dogs can be taught to tolerate tooth brushing.
Why use a dog specific natural enzymatic dog toothpaste?
- Natural enzymatic dog toothpaste contains enzymes that help to break down plaque and tartar. This makes it more effective at cleaning your dog's teeth than regular toothpaste. Enzymatic toothpaste is also safe for dogs to swallow.
- Supports and improves gum health: With active ingredients including aloe vera, calendula and sage, our toothpaste is anti-inflammatory for the gums, soothing them and improving their overall health.
- Reduces tartar buildup- sodium bicarbonate and calcium carbonate work to break down tartar build up to keep bacteria levels from building up on your dog's teeth
- Freshens breath & keeps teeth sparkling!
- Tastes delicious, enabling the experience to be more enjoyable for your dog
- It is important that you use a dog specific toothpaste as human toothpastes contain ingredients that can be dangerous for dogs.
Brushing your dog's teeth with an enzymatic dog toothpaste is the best way to prevent dental disease and keep your dog's teeth and gums healthy.
Introducing… Anipal’s new Healthy Teeth & Gums Toothpaste.
A delicious, peanut butter flavour, rich in natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients. Our easy to use, natural enzymatic toothpaste helps prevent the build-up of plaque and tartar. With Aloe Vera, Calendula & Sage to provide nourishment and conditioning for gum health & freshen breath in dogs.
Learn more here.